Transportation Grant Awarded

OKI Regional Council of Governments recently announced more than 1.3 million dollars would be awarded to various transit projects throughout the region. These projects will improve transportation access for the elderly and individuals with disabilities.

Of the ten projects selected, Clermont Senior Services was one. The agency will receive just over $110,000.

The specialized transportation program (section 5310) provides 80% of the cost of capital projects; the remaining 20% will be provided by local funding.

Clermont Senior Services uses this opportunity, predominately, to purchase accessible vehicles to replace those in the fleet that are aging with high mileage. By doing this, the agency is ensuring vehicles are road worthy and safe to transport those in need. This funding is also utilized to offset the cost of preventative maintenance on agency vehicles, as well as the annual service fee for the scheduling software used to route those vehicles.

Bill DeHass, Director of Community Services, commented, “As a not-for-profit organization, Clermont Senior Services is incredibly appreciative of the opportunity to apply for 5310 Specialized Transportation Program funding. These federal dollars ensure that we are able to provide safe and efficient transit services to older adults in Clermont County.”

  • Mar 18, 2019
  • No Comments

© Clermont Senior Services. All Rights Reserved | This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
Meritain Health MRF Title VI Notice of Public Rights| ADA |USDA | Privacy Notice | Designed by : Web Strategy Plus |

akun slot gacor akun jp daftar slot online QQLINE88 3mbola catur777