It’s Time for Adopt-a-Senior!
The Volunteer department at Clermont Senior Services is already preparing for the gift-giving season! Adopt-a-Senior is an amazing program that provides over 600 older adults in our community with gifts they may not otherwise receive at Christmas time.
Recipients of the gift-giving program in 2015 were truly overjoyed that complete strangers would be kind enough to think of them during what can be a very lonely time for some.
Getting involved in this program is easy and there are many ways you can help!
- Adopt-a-Senior – Donors receive the first name of an individual along with their “wish list”. The donor is responsible for purchasing and wrapping the gifts and also delivering them to one of several convenient drop-off locations. Gifts will be delivered before Christmas to recipients by staff and some pre-screened volunteers.
- Purchase Gift Pantry Items: Pantry items are those things people tend to need on a regular basis. These items are stocked at our office and taken by Case Managers to clients in need throughout the year. Examples of those items may include:
- personal care items
- cleaning supplies
- plastic buckets
- towels & wash cloths
- full & queen size sheets/pillow cases
- scarves, hats, gloves
- all sizes of nightgowns, diabetic socks & bathrobes
- disposable under pads (chucks)
- laundry items
- no bar soap at this times, please.
- Donate gift bags – Donors can put together their own gift bags filled with personal care items for either a man or a woman. Be sure to mark the gender on a card attached to the bag.
- Make a cash donation – Donations will be used to purchase grocery cards or large tag items
- Donate gift cards – Gift cards will be distributed to those in need by Case Managers
Items need to be dropped off by December 1, 2016.
For more information or to get involved, please contact Kathy Angel, Volunteer Coordinator at 513-536-4021 or email@example.com